John Muhling (senior) has been in the marine business since the 1950’s starting with a Seagull dealership. The company was called “John Muhling Marine Pty Ltd” and was based on Stirling Hwy Claremont.
In 1960 John Muhling Marine was appointed as an Evinrude Dealer, which gave the company access to Evinrude and Johnson products. John grew his business to become a highly reputable Evinrude dealer. John started stepping away from the business in the late 1980’s to leave his son Stephen to carry on the business.
Stephen moved the company from Stirling Hwy to the existing premises in Osborne Park. The building was purpose built for servicing and fitting new larger outboards. The company status and cliental grew.
In the year 2000 due to family reasons Stephen and his family moved to Queensland and sold the business. The new owner carried on the business for a further 7 years until August 2007 at which time James Muhling stepped into the business. James (Stephen’s Cousin) had worked under Stephen in the late eighty’s in both the Claremont and Osborne Park premises.
It was a natural transition for James to combine his marine repairing business from Wangara to the bigger and better equipped premises in Osborne Park. The new combined business’s is now known as “Muhling Marine”.
Muhling Marine, a family business, that is passionate about Evinrude’s and has been for nearly 50 years. The new team at Muhling Marine is committed to making the company stronger through service to our customers and high quality products.